Get your friends together and enjoy a casual roll on our real grass greens – we’re open 7 days a week.
Kick off your shoes and enjoy a fun social game of barefoot bowls on real grass at Brunswick Bowling Club, one of the premier bowling clubs in Melbourne.
We welcome small walk-up groups at most times (see opening hours below) or you can book rinks for a larger party or corporate function. We can accommodate groups outside our standard opening hours – just contact us to find out more.
Barefoot bowling is available 7 days per week, from $20 per person. We provide the bowls, and the basic bowls coaching you need to have a fun afternoon on the grass and in the sun.
Never played before? No problem! Lawn bowls is easy to learn and you’ll get the hang of it very quickly after a short, free lesson from our friendly staff. Enjoy our other club facilities while barefoot bowling, such as our well-stocked bar, pool table and a pinball machine.
Whether you are celebrating a birthday, baby shower or engagement we have the facilities to cater for your next barefoot bowls party. Our multi-purpose venue can host a variety of events from corporate workshops, staff parties, bucks / hens days as well as family-friendly celebrations. See our functions page for more information.
Conditions of Play
- We recommend players remove shoes for barefoot bowling but socks, thongs or soft flat-soled shoes are also acceptable. No type of heels, wedges or spikes allowed.
- Children are allowed but must be supervised at all times. Speak to us about smaller bowls for young children to have a roll.
- Well behaved pets are allowed in outside areas of the club. We do not allow pets inside the clubhouse or on the bowling green.
- No BYO drinks allowed as we are a fully licensed club.
- External catering on request – please contact the Club Manager for terms and conditions.
- Please smoke in the designated smoking areas only and not on the green.