Barefoot Bowls Melbourne
Get your friends together and enjoy a casual roll on our real grass greens – we’re open 7 days a week for social barefoot bowling.
Kick off your shoes and enjoy a fun social game of barefoot bowls on real grass at Brunswick Bowling Club, one of the premier bowling clubs in Melbourne.
We welcome small walk-up groups at most times, (see opening hours below) or you can book rinks for a larger party or corporate bowls function. We can accommodate groups outside our standard opening hours – just contact us to find out more.
Barefoot bowling is available 7 days per week, from $20 per person. We provide the bowls, and the basic bowls coaching you need to have a fun afternoon on the grass and in the sun.
Never played barefoot bowls in Melbourne before? No problem! Lawn bowls is easy to learn and you’ll get the hang of it very quickly after a short, free lesson from our friendly staff. Enjoy our other club facilities while barefoot bowling, such as our well-stocked bar, pool table and a pinball machine.
Whether you are celebrating a birthday, baby shower or engagement we have the facilities to cater for your next barefoot bowls party. Our multi-purpose venue can host a variety of events from corporate workshops, staff parties, bucks / hens days as well as family-friendly celebrations. See our functions page for more information.
Conditions of Play
- We recommend players remove shoes for barefoot bowling but socks, thongs or soft flat-soled shoes are also acceptable. No type of heels, wedges or spikes allowed.
- Children are allowed but must be supervised at all times. Speak to us about smaller bowls for young children to have a roll.
- Well behaved pets are allowed in outside areas of the club. We do not allow pets inside the clubhouse or on the bowling green.
- No BYO drinks allowed as we are a fully licensed club.
- External catering on request – please contact the Club Manager for terms and conditions.
- Please smoke in the designated smoking areas only and not on the green.